Garden City, NY
Arrowhead is looking for an Actuary to join our Actuarial Team to lead, manage and improve profitability throughout our division. Responsibilities will include working with carrier partners, monitoring carrier profitability and developing strategies to optimize growth.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc is part of the National Programs Division of Brown & Brown Insurance and underwrites numerous personal, commercial and specialty lines programs. We have a relaxed, collaborative atmosphere, and provide hands-on training for our teammates, as well as support for actuarial exams. Our team helps drive growth, while also having fun!
If you want to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today.
Align with Carrier Partners: Work with teammates and carrier partners to align profitability views for over 25 programs across various lines of business in both the Commercial and Personal space.
Protect the House: Our carrier partners are extremely important to us, so we need to ensure their profitability targets are clearly defined and our programs are meeting or exceeding these targets. Responsibilities include:
- Perform program profitability studies
- Deploy monitoring for all programs, including rate change, actual vs. expected and other KPIs
- Integrate profitability studies and monitoring reports into PowerBI
- Integrate analysis from CAT Modeling team for Property/Package programs
Grow Premium (Profitably): Develop and execute strategies with business leaders to grow premium/revenue, while maintaining carrier profitability. This can include:
- Rating plan enhancements
- Segment analysis
- New product development
- The ability to work effectively with carrier partners and business leaders to drive outcomes
- Understand carrier portfolio management, including internal profitability targets, pricing vs. reserving, financial/management views, contingent commissioning and corporate benchmarking
- Actuarial designation of ACAS or FCAS
- Minimum of 10 years of actuarial experience
- Broad knowledge of P&C lines of business, including Package, E&O, Workers Compensation, Property CAT, Umbrella. Understanding of Excess & Surplus market is a plus.
- Strong understanding of ratemaking process
- Understanding of product development process from rating plan development to rate filing
- Strong relationship and team-building skills
- Proficient computers skills in MS Office Suite. Knowledge of R is a plus.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated communication skills with a variety of audiences at all levels
- Travel is minimal
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Location: Garden City