Actuary – Personal Property
Arrowhead is looking for an Actuary to join our Actuarial Team to help maintain and improve profitability throughout our division. Responsibilities will include working together with our carrier partners to monitor profitability, provide rate indications and support product enhancement. Specific focus will be on our Homeowners portfolio.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc is part of the National Programs Division of Brown & Brown Insurance and underwrites numerous personal, commercial and specialty lines programs. We have a relaxed, collaborative atmosphere, and provide hands-on training for our teammates, as well as support for actuarial exams. Our team helps drive growth, while also having fun!
If you want to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today.
- Provide ongoing support for our Homeowners programs by creating rate indications, portfolio analysis, ultimate loss projections, rate monitoring tools, research projects and other ad-hoc reports. The opportunity to work across our Commercial Lines programs is also in scope
- Work with our carrier partners to align on assumptions and profitability targets. Ongoing dialogue with carrier actuaries is key.
- Collaborate with business leaders to improve product through rating plan enhancements, segment analysis and new product development
- Provide support for rate filing process with actuarial justification
- Work with CAT Modeling team to understand and incorporate modeled results
- Participate and create actuarial presentations and present results to partners, both internal and external
- Prepare for and pass Actuarial Exams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Predictive Analytics, Economics, Finance, Statistics or related field
- Minimum of 5 exams passed
- Minimum of 5 years of actuarial experience in Homeowners line of business. Knowledge of California Homeowners market and/or Coastal Property is a plus.
- Prior experience with personal lines filings, including exhibit support and responding to questions from regulators
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to translate technical results for business audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. Knowledge of VBA and/or SQL is a plus.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to apply judgment and problem-solving skills to address complex issues
- Have high levels of accuracy and detail along with a specific focus on timeliness, productivity, and quality
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.