Arrowhead Risk Managers is looking for an Associate Underwriter to join our team. This position will work alongside the Underwriters to collect information, perform CAT modeling, and analyze risk factors to determine whether clients qualify for insurance.
Arrowhead Risk Managers, operating as a division of Brown & Brown Insurance, is an All Risk – E&S Commercial Property Program targeting primary and excess, shared and layered programs, as well as ground up placements. We offer broad and flexible coverage terms designed to meet clients’ requirements, with superior service from receipt of application to policy issuance and subsequent servicing.
Arrowhead Risk Managers offers a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
If you want to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today.
- Adheres to the Arrowhead General Insurance Agency service standards.
- Understands carrier guidelines including systems processes related to underwriter duties.
- Underwrites and prices accounts per specific carrier guidelines.
- Issues quotes and binders documenting insurance coverages.
- Develops and promotes broker/agent relationships to help reach production goals.
- Coordinates work flow between Underwriter and Associate Underwriter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three years related experience in the insurance industry and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, policy and accounting systems, and vendor specific computer programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks.
- Routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license and possess an acceptable motor vehicle record at the time of hire and periodically thereafter.
- Maintain the minimum acceptable insurance coverages and limits as defined by Arrowhead/Brown & Brown.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Location: Alpharetta, GA