Business Development Leader
San Diego, CA
The Business Development Leader represents Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. to insurance brokers/agents within the Western Region. Responsibilities include encouraging sales production through producer visits, product training and technical demonstrations of Arrowhead Exchange and various insurance products. This position will provide claims/customer service and underwriting training, manage production commitments and loss ratios to develop and maintain profitable books of business for both Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. and its carriers.
The Business Development Leader is part of a territory team, where they will be working closely with the internal teammates to help manage all producers in the territories assigned and participate in team meetings. The goal is to build relationships, determine producers’ true potential, cross sell available programs, and increase producer production to achieve production goals for a large and complex multi-state territory.
If you want to be part of a solid organization that is energetic and growing, contact us today.
This position is a work from home position located in California with significant travel expectations.
WHY ARROWHEAD GENERAL INSURANCE AGENCY:
We offer a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to visit existing and prospective agents to encourage sales
- Communicates regularly with agents/brokers to achieve production profit objectives
- Prospects and makes appointments with new producers
- Establishes and manages Commitments, Loss ratio, and Producer Profiles
- Acts as problem solving liaison between or for Arrowhead and agent/broker
- Leads team meeting conference calls with internal teammates
- Encourages ride-along with team members or management
- Maintains knowledge of all Arrowhead Data bases, software, and technology
- Manages events/tradeshows, publications and promotions within assigned territory
- Manages ongoing sales training and education
- Possesses marketplace knowledge (knowing competition strength and weaknesses) and communicates regularly with internal teammates
- Monthly summary reports (production & competitor’s information included)
- Production objectives monthly and quarterly
- Completes and updates State Plan
- Meets or exceeds production goals for assigned territory
- Meets or exceeds employee’s individual performances goals
- Customer Service (following up on complaints and problem solving)
- Resolves binding authority issues (late apps, NSF problems)
- Initiates and manages suspensions & terminations of producer appointments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of organizational ability and the capability to manage multiple priorities.
- Detail oriented and the ability to learn and follow processes.
- Understanding the importance of and demonstrates a commitment to personal and professional growth and development.
- Highly motivated and customer oriented.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Location: San Diego, CA