Business Development Manager
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. is looking for a high performing Business Development Manager. This position will represent Arrowhead and National Programs to insurance producers. The BDM encourages sales production through producer contact, product training, technical demonstrations of Arrowhead Exchange, and marketing campaigns.
The BDM is part of the Marketing Solutions Team, working closely with profit centers within Arrowhead and National Programs to drive business from our current and new producer base and support overall program objectives. The ultimate goal is to build relationships, determine producers’ true potential, cross sell available programs, and increase producer production.
This position will primarily focus on the Core Commercial and Workers Compensation teams, working closely with teammates in those groups.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. offers a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
If you want to be part of a solid organization that is energetic and growing, contact us today.
- Onboards and trains new producers.
- Supports assigned producers with regular video meetings and outbound call efforts.
- Conducts training webinars.
- Helps increase usage of online rating platform (AEX).
- Participates in team marketing strategy sessions.
- Meets call and virtual meeting targets.
- Obtains qualitive data for CRM; contacts, product distribution, niche business, overall agency potential, carriers, etc.
- Acts as a liaison between producer and Product Managers.
- Cross trains with various division/programs to keep current on market changes.
- Maintains knowledge of all Arrowhead Data bases, software, and technology.
- Attends and participates in events/tradeshows, publications and promotions when assigned.
- Possesses marketplace knowledge (knowing competition strength and weaknesses) and communicates regularly with Marketing Personnel and Product Managers.
- Meets or exceeds individual performances goals.
- Monthly summary reports (production & competitor’s information included).
- Other duties and projects as assigned and needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or three to five years of insurance experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Tech savvy, specifically Teams and Excel.
- High level of organizational ability and the capability to manage multiple priorities.
- Detail oriented and the ability to learn and follow processes.
- Understanding the importance of and demonstrates a commitment to personal and professional growth and development.
- Highly motivated and customer oriented.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Exceptional listener with time management, verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Travel <15%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.