Greenwood Village, CO
Arrowhead’s Tribal Program is looking for a Senior Underwriter to join our team. The candidate will be expected to work effectively in a position that encompasses complex multi-line risks to successfully manage their book of business of new and renewal production along with contributing to the profitability of the program portfolio.
The Senior Underwriter must be able to illustrate sufficient technical analysis and underwriting acumen to meet underwriting goals (i.e., achieve growth targets, retention ratios, maintain loss and rate objectives) and make recommendations concerning account structure, pricing, deductibles, and loss control and risk improvement plans when referring accounts for loss activity or authority levels.
Arrowhead’s Tribal Program, operating as a division of Brown & Brown Insurance, was created in 1987 as the Program for Sovereign Indian Nations, with the assistance of Native American attorneys and tribal administrators. The goal was to help the Native American community with their specialized insurance needs by offering insurance coverage that recognizes tribal sovereignty as established by the Constitution. More than thirty-year years later, the program continues their original steadfast mission: To provide insurance that meets the unique cultural, financial, and legal requirements of tribal nations.
Arrowhead’s Tribal Program offers a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
- A hybrid work environment is available with this position.
The pay range for this position is $95,000 – $110,000/year.
If you want to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today.
- Manages a book of business including setting up broker plans, target account lists and pipelines along with arranging and monitoring plans for poor performing accounts.
- Underwrites assigned risk handling a mix of accounts within their underwriting authority.
- Communicates risk appetite/value propositions to brokers.
- Develops strong long-term broker relationships to profitably grow a book of business.
- Provides superior customer service to brokers and clients.
- Negotiates pricing, terms and conditions and deal structures with broker.
- Engages with engineering and claims in risk analysis and underwriting decision-making.
- Influences decisions by use of engineering and analytics to differentiate as required.
- Reviews claims and loss information on individual risks and uses this information to identify and re-evaluate accounts and develop a strategy for dealing with exposures and frequency issues.
- Works in collaboration with Loss Control partners to focus on controlling exposures and maintaining controls.
- Coaches and mentors staff on team and supports junior and assistant underwriters and serves as a resource for others within the department as needed.
- Participates in other underwriting projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five or more years of commercial insurance or managing general agency experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- P&C license strongly preferred.
- Possess AU, ARMS, CIC, CPCU or other equivalent insurance designation preferred.
- Working knowledge of multi-line P&C (commercial) lines of business, including product features, forms, regulatory environments, risks, etc.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Expertly applies all applicable LOB Underwriting guidelines when making decisions.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned underwriting territory though strong book management skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to change requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For more information about Arrowhead’s Tribal Program, please visit our website at www.arrowheadtribal.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Location: Greenwood Village, CO