Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. is looking for an experienced commercial lines Underwriter to join our auto dealer program, Accelerate by Brown & Brown. In this position, you will be responsible for underwriting and analyzing new and renewal business. This position will administer and monitor underwriting rules, guidelines, insurance laws, and regulations and will also work within assigned letter of authority and defined guidelines on moderately complex risks.
Accelerate by Brown & Brown is a narrowly focused provider of insurance products and services to the franchised automotive industry. The Accelerate program offers exclusive access to business insurance programs via our program administrator Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. offers a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
If you want to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today.
- Executes underwriting strategy as established by the program.
- Accepts, modifies, or declines new and renewal business within delegated level of authority.
- Reviews and analyzes exposures of risks.
- Monitors and reviews new and renewal business results to ensure growth and profitability as established by the program.
- Consistently adheres to underwriting letter of authority, guidelines, and insurance laws.
- Manages results of book of business and implement underwriting action when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years related experience in the insurance industry and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have high levels of accuracy and detail along with a specific focus on timeliness, productivity, and quality.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- CPCU, CIS, or other insurance designations preferred.
- Garage Policy Underwriting experience preferred.
- Experience working in or calling on auto dealerships preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.