Underwriter – Core Commercial
Arrowhead Core Commercial is looking for a high performing commercial lines Underwriter to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for underwriting and analyzing new and renewal business. This position will also administer and monitor underwriting rules, guidelines, insurance laws, and regulations and will work within their letter of authority and defined guidelines on complex risks.
The Core Commercial Division is part of Arrowhead General Insurance Agency Inc., a Brown & Brown Insurance company. The Core Commercial Division is the program administrator for QBE’s Property & Casualty Small Commercial business. Arrowhead has been an innovator in the programs industry for nearly four decades through its focus on technology, product creation, and customer satisfaction, and has had a successful relationship with QBE for more than 20 years as program administrator in other business segments.
This position will be a remote position based in the Chicago area.
Arrowhead Core Commercial offers a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, HSA, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
If you want to be part of a solid organization that is energetic and growing, contact us today.
- Executes underwriting strategy as established by the program.
- Accepts, modifies, or declines new and renewal business within delegated level of authority.
- Reviews and analyzes exposures of risks.
- Monitors and reviews new and renewal business results to ensure growth and profitability as established by the program.
- Consistently adheres to underwriting letter of authority, guidelines, and insurance laws.
- Manage results of book of business and implement underwriting action when applicable.
- Identifies the steps that facilitate movement from the problem to the resolution stage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years related experience in the insurance industry and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have high levels of accuracy and detail along with a specific focus on timeliness, productivity, and quality.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Agency experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.