Lead Field Underwriter – Core Commercial
Arrowhead Core Commercial is looking for a high performing commercial lines Lead Field Underwriter to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for working with appointed agents and brokers within an assigned territory. This position encourages new business sales production through producer visits, product training, and direct underwriting access. This position also works with Arrowhead Marketing and Commercial Underwriting to review and manage the loss ratio and production results of producers within their given territory.
The Core Commercial Division is part of Arrowhead General Insurance Agency Inc., a Brown & Brown Insurance company. The Core Commercial Division is the program administrator for QBE’s Property & Casualty Small Commercial business. Arrowhead has been an innovator in the programs industry for nearly four decades through its focus on technology, product creation, and customer satisfaction, and has had a successful relationship with QBE for more than 20 years as program administrator in other business segments.
If you want to be part of a solid organization that is energetic and growing, contact us today.
WHY ARROWHEAD GENERAL INSURANCE AGENCY:
We offer a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, HSA, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to visit existing and prospective agents to encourage sales and communicates regularly with agents/brokers to achieve production profit objectives.
- Meets or exceeds production goals for assigned territory and individual performance goals.
- Executes underwriting strategy as established by the program.
- Accepts, modifies, or declines new business within delegated level of authority.
- Reviews and analyzes exposures of risks.
- Monitors and reviews assigned agents and brokers results to ensure growth and profitability as established by the program and reviews results regularly with producers.
- Consistently adheres to underwriting letter of authority, guidelines, and insurance laws.
- Monitors and reviews new and renewal business results to ensure growth and profitability as established by the program.
- Manage results of book of business and implement underwriting action when applicable.
- Leads special program assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and seven years related experience in the insurance industry and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have high levels of accuracy and detail along with a specific focus on timeliness, productivity, and quality.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- May require up to 25% travel (mostly local for regular agency visits but will include occasional overnight travel)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.