Underwriter Trainee – Core Commercial
San Diego, CA
Arrowhead Core Commercial is looking for a high performing commercial lines Underwriter Trainee to join our team. In this position, you will prep, underwrite, and analyze underwriting transactions. Under close supervision and guidance, you will learn to underwrite and analyze new and renewal business. In addition, this position work within defined guidelines and authority to evaluate risks of low complexity and will ensure adherence to underwriting rules, regulations, and insurance laws as applicable.
The Core Commercial Division is part of Arrowhead General Insurance Agency Inc., a Brown & Brown Insurance company. The Core Commercial Division is the program administrator for QBE’s Property & Casualty Small Commercial business. Arrowhead has been an innovator in the programs industry for nearly four decades through its focus on technology, product creation, and customer satisfaction, and has had a successful relationship with QBE for more than 20 years as program administrator in other business segments.
Arrowhead Core Commercial offers a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
If you want to be part of a solid organization that is energetic and growing, contact us today.
- Accepts, modifies, or declines transactions within delegated authority.
- Reviews and prepares submissions for Underwriters.
- Communicates with brokers on status of transactions and other issues or concerns.
- Consistently adheres to underwriting letter of authority, guidelines, and insurance laws.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with producers and customers.
- Executes underwriting activities and requirements as established by the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and zero to one year related experience in the insurance industry and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Have high levels of accuracy and detail along with a specific focus on timeliness, productivity, and quality.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- State agency license and agency experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Location: San Diego