Underwriting Assistant I
Overland Park, KS
Arrowhead Forestry is looking for an Underwriting Assistant I to join our team. In this position, you will provide technical rating and policy issuance support to the Underwriting team. Additionally, this position will utilize manual and automated systems in the rating, coding and policy issuance for all transactions and will ensure adherence to underwriting rules, regulations, and insurance laws as applicable.
Arrowhead Forestry, operating as a division of the Brown & Brown Insurance Company, is a narrowly focused market leader in providing insurance products and services to forestry and wood product business owners and their employees. Our specialized approach offers exclusive access to business insurance programs via our program administrator Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc.
Arrowhead Forestry offers a benefits and compensation package that meets today’s most important needs and includes:
- A challenging and stimulating career that provides growth and development.
- Group medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits.
- Paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan that allows our employees to purchase Brown & Brown stock at a discounted rate.
If you want to be part of a growing organization that is energetic and driven, contact us today.
- Rates and issues endorsements/policies for Inland Marine.
- Processes work within service level agreement timeframe while achieving productivity and quality standards.
- Consistently adheres to underwriting letter of authority, guidelines, and insurance laws.
- Communicates directly with the Underwriters regarding all aspects of risk.
- Communicates with brokers on status of transactions and other issues or concerns.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with producers and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and zero to three years related experience in the insurance industry and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have high levels of accuracy along with a specific focus on timeliness, productivity, and quality.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Have strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a high volume, production environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Location: Overland Park