The information contained in this web site is for general information purposes only and is provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind that the material is suitable for your needs, error free or otherwise. Though an effort has been made to provide complete information, Arrowhead assumes no liability for the completeness of the information provided in the web site.
Trademark and Copyright Ownership
The materials on this site, including copyrighted material, service marks, trademarks, and trade names, are owned by Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. Using any materials from this site is prohibited; however, may print or download a reference copy for your own personal or non-commercial use provided that you do not remove our copyright, trademark or other legal notices. Any other modification or use of the materials on this site violates proprietary rights.
Producers or policyholders cannot bind, alter or cancel coverage except through ArrowheadExchange.com or by speaking to an authorized representative of Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. or its affiliates. Coverage cannot be assumed to be bound without express confirmation from ArrowheadExchange.com or an authorized representative of Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. or its affiliates.
E-mails sent on behalf of Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. and affiliates may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received the message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return E-Mail, delete the communication and destroy all copies.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in the email communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the employee, or the agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received the email communication in error please notify Arrowhead’s Privacy Coordinator by return email or telephone immediately.
YouZoom Insurance Services, Inc. is an affiliate of Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc.
A.M. Best Company Ratings
At various places on this web site, we have made reference to the rating assigned by the A.M. Best Company (Best) to the carriers we represent. The objective of Best’s “Financial Strength Rating” system is to provide an opinion as to an insurer’s financial strength and ability to meet its ongoing obligations to policyholders. Best’s “Financial Strength Rating” opinions are divided into two broad categories: Secure and Vulnerable. Secure rated companies have experienced a very low failure frequency, and include ratings from A++ and A+ (Superior), to A and A- (Excellent) to B++ and B+ (Very Good). In Best’s opinion, the highest rated Secure companies have a very strong ability to meet their ongoing obligations to policyholders, while the lowest rated Secure companies have a good ability. The higher a company’s Secure rating, the greater its ability to withstand adverse changes in underwriting and economic conditions over longer periods of time.
Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc., is a subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE: BRO), an independent insurance intermediary providing a variety of insurance and reinsurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. As such, Brown & Brown has shared the following information about our compliance with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA). Effective July 1, 2014, many of the provisions of the FATCA will begin to be enforced. Read more>>
Arrowhead Network Privacy and Security Statement
We are committed to protecting the personal privacy and security of individual consumers who seek or acquire products through one or more of our insurance programs primarily for personal, family, or household purposes (“Consumers”). While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide you with superior service, we realize that our most important asset is your trust. Therefore, we have implemented strict privacy and security policies on our websites to ensure that no personal identifying information about individual consumers is accessible to the general public. For more details, please review our security statement below.
Depending on the type of insurance program offered to Consumers, your insurance agent/broker may submit personal information about you, others in your household and your vehicles to provide accurate insurance rates to us. This information may be submitted to us electronically via our website. Depending upon your state of residence, this information requested could include: zip code, date of birth, gender, marital status, prior insurance carrier, driving record, vehicle attributes, annual mileage, homeownership and employment. Additional information about you may be submitted to us if you purchase a policy. As permitted by law, we may confirm the information you provide through consumer reporting agencies, publically available records, appraisals or investigatory sources, and/or the Department of Motor Vehicles.
We do not sell any Consumer information to third parties. If you purchase a policy through one of our programs, we may share information about you with the following:
- A third party if it is necessary to effect, administer, or enforce your insurance transaction, such as policy processing or claims administration;
- Any of our affiliated companies who provide service to you;
- Insurance regulatory or government authorities as required by law;
- Law enforcement agencies to protect our interest or to report illegal activities;
- In response to a valid legal subpoena or court order; and
- Persons or organizations conducting actuarial or other statistical studies.
We utilize some of the most advanced technology for Web security. When you access our site using Netscape Navigator™ or Microsoft™ Internet Explorer versions 3.0 or higher, your personal information is protected through server authentication and data encryption. In other words, your personal information is for your eyes only. We use a secure server implementing the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to interact with you when you provide personal information during the purchase and payment processes. This technology ensures that all confidential data is encrypted so that the transaction stays private and protected. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
Paperless Document Delivery Agreement
Please read this Paperless Document Delivery Agreement (“Agreement”) thoroughly. It contains important information about your policy. In order to receive your insurance related documents electronically, you must read and agree to the following terms and conditions.
The parties to this Agreement (the “Parties”) are the policyholder (“Policyholder” or “you” or “your”) and Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. (“Arrowhead” or “we” or “us” or “our”), who agree as follows:
- You agree to have Arrowhead electronically deliver to you policy information, including but not limited to, declaration pages, ID cards, policy forms, disclosures, endorsements, policy changes, billing notices, renewal offers, lapse notices , consent to rate notices, correspondence and any other information relating to your insurance policy(ies) (hereinafter “Insurance Documents”) that would otherwise be mailed to you. Until such time as either party modifies or cancels this Agreement, you will receive these Insurance Documents electronically (“Paperless Delivery”) instead of receiving paper documents via the United States Postal Service (“USPS”).
- Depending on state law, there may be certain Insurance Documents that we need to provide to you in paper form via the USPS. All cancellations and non-renewals will be delivered via the USPS regardless of the state you live in. See state specific disclosures below.
- You will receive an email when new Insurance Documents are available and you can view them by logging into www.ArrowheadExchange.com/policyholder/login.jsf with your email address and password.
- You are responsible for providing Arrowhead with a valid, updated and active email address. Ensure that your email account has sufficient space for new emails and that your email server and spam-blocking software do not block our emails. If an email is returned to us as undeliverable, you will be unenrolled and all available Insurance Documents will be sent to you via the USPS to your postal address.
- You are responsible for accessing, opening, and reading your Insurance Documents. When you enroll in Paperless Delivery, your access to online Insurance Documents will remain available as long as the policy is active. Your documents will not remain online indefinitely. You can print your Insurance Documents or save them to your computer for any future access. Electronic Insurance Documents have the same legal effect as printed ones. If you cannot access or read any Insurance Documents, you must contact Arrowhead.
- To access, view, print, download or retain Insurance Documents electronically, you will need a computer or other device with access to the World Wide Web (Internet) and a security-enabled web browser, with 128-bit encryption installed such as Chrome 35+, Firefox 30+, Safari 7+, or Internet Explorer 9+. We use an industry standard Secure Socket Layer to allow for encryption of sensitive personal information such as name, address, credit card, or bank account information you have been requested to provide online. You will also need an email address, as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader® that can be downloaded for free from https://get.adobe.com/reader/. You will need a printer if you wish to print your documents. We will update you if there are any changes to the hardware or software requirements that could impact your ability to receive your Insurance Documents.
- Arrowhead does not warrant that the delivery of electronic Insurance Documents will be uninterrupted or error free. We are not liable for: any loss or damage arising from problems with your equipment or your telecommunications provider; your failure to meet your responsibilities as outlined herein; or any equipment problems or other occurrences beyond our reasonable control.
- At any time while this Agreement is effective, you may obtain a paper copy of a particular Insurance Document by printing them yourself or by calling Arrowhead at 1-800-447-1889 to request a paper copy via the USPS. All copies are provided free of charge. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any Insurance Document that you have authorized us to provide electronically.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by changing your delivery preferences online at www.ArrowheadExchange.com/policyholder/login.jsf or contacting Arrowhead. After the termination is processed by Arrowhead, all future Insurance Documents will be provided to you in paper form via the USPS. We will not impose any fee to process the termination of this Agreement to receive your Insurance Documents electronically. If, however, a discount is given now or in the future for conducting business electronically, a termination of this Agreement could result in the removal of any such discount. Please keep in mind, changes submitted through the website may not be immediately processed. Termination of this Agreement shall not affect the legal enforceability of Insurance Documents provided to you before the process date of the cancellation.
- We are not required to deliver information electronically and may discontinue electronic delivery in whole or in part at any time.
- You may update your information, such as change your email address, at any time by logging into www.ArrowheadExchange.com/policyholder/login.jsf and accessing Account Settings.
- Arrowhead may amend the terms of this Agreement at any time. Arrowhead will notify you of material revisions to the Agreement. If you do not agree with the terms of the amendment, you can terminate this Agreement as described in section nine above.
- Delays experienced as a result of this service will not change any payment due date or potential late fees or reinstatement fees. If you do not receive an expected email notice, log onto www.ArrowheadExchange.com/policyholder/login.jsf for up-to-date information about your account(s).
- By clicking on “Agree and Continue” you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and you are confirming that you are able to receive your Insurance Documents pursuant to the hardware and software requirements noted above.
STATE SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES
California – Personal Property Programs policyholders will receive earthquake offers via the USPS.
Connecticut – Personal Property Programs policyholders will receive renewal offers via the USPS.
Delaware – Personal Property Programs policyholders will receive renewal offers via the USPS.
Hawaii – Personal Property Programs policyholders will receive lapse notices via the USPS.
Oklahoma – Personal Property Programs policyholders will receive renewal offers via the USPS.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns pertaining to the privacy or security of your personal information, you can contact us at:
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc.
701 B Street, Suite 2100
San Diego, CA 92101