Quake Assist Business Interruption Protection
Designed specifically to help California business owners, Quake Assist provides business interruption insurance to protect business owners from financial losses from business closure after an earthquake – whether or not their property has sustained physical damage due to:
- Loss of utilities
- Premises inaccessible due to road closures, building, sidewalk or parking issues
- Supplies undeliverable
- Employees unable to get to work
Coverage offers financial protection for loss of income and expenses due to an earthquake. Quake Assist includes a unique-to-the-market coverage that triggers upon “business closure” after an earthquake, even if no damage occurs to the insured’s building and/or business property. Daily limits of insurance are available to cover loss of income, ongoing expenses to maintain cash flow and help protect the viability of the business while it is closed.
- Coverage applies when a business closes due to an earthquake of 4.0 or greater within 100 miles of the insured location.
- Customers can purchase a daily limit of coverage up to 90 days subject to an annual aggregate limit of $1,000,000.
- Waiting period from 2-5 days
California small-to-medium sized businesses (2-100 employees) subject to financial loss exposure due to business closure after an earthquake. Target occupancies include Retail/Mercantile, Professional Services, Restaurants, etc.