Residential Earthquake California-QBE
In California, QBE’s residential earthquake program offers two levels of policies for homeowners, plus a condo earthquake policy. Please view the downloadable flyer for details. QBE is an admitted “A” (XIV) rated carrier by A.M. Best.
Dwelling coverage is available for $75,000 minimum to $5 million maximum replacement limit (except LA County, where the maximum is $3 million).
- Dwellings: $75,000 minimum to $5 million maximum (Except LA County; maximum is $3 million) dwelling replacement limit
- Condominiums: $25,000 min to $500,000 max contents limit
Superior EQ Plus Endorsement
- Increases sublimits for swimming pools
- Increases Loss of Use up to $100,000
Newer structures or those that have been retrofitted and built on flat or gently sloping lots with slab or raised concrete foundations.
- Dwellings any age acceptable provided homes built prior to 1955 have proof of retrofitting; condos must be built in or after 1960
- Dwellings built prior to 1972 must be properly anchor bolted to the foundation and cripple walls must be braced with plywood or its equivalent
- Residence types must be individually owned 1-4 family dwellings except for the condominium program
- Dwelling must be made of frame construction
- Coverage amount must be equal to the underlying dwelling limit
- All pre-existing earthquake structural damage must be repaired prior to writing coverage