Arrowhead provides insurance for towing businesses through its Automotive Aftermarket Program. This product provides coverage for established operations with industry experience primarily engaged in towing automobiles. This can include auto club contractors, auto body shops, auto mechanical repair shops, roadside service providers and rotational towing operations.
The Automotive Aftermarket Insurance Program has a distinguished history dating back to 1922 when Universal Underwriters was formed to cover risks associated with auto dealerships. In 1992, Universal Underwriters (as part of Zurich American Insurance Company) began offering insurance for the automotive aftermarket – the program our customers are familiar with today. In 2012, Zurich / Universal and Arrowhead teamed up to provide automotive aftermarket insurance.
- Building Replacement
- Contents (Stock and Equipment)
- Equipment Breakdown
- Business Interruption and Extra Expense
- Broad Coverage Extension endorsement
- Automobile Liability
- Money and Securities
- Employee Dishonesty
- Forgery and Alteration
- Products & Completed Operations
- Personal & Advertising Injury
- Damage to Rented Premises
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Medical Expenses
- Commercial Tow Trucks
- Other Fleet/Business Vehicles
- Garagekeepers Coverage
- Cargo Pollution Liability
- Mobile Equipment Floater
- Motor Truck Cargo Legal Liability
- Electronic Data Processing Equipment
- Business Income
Umbrella / Excess Liability
Risk management solutions
- Loss Prevention Services and Tools
- Driver Selection and Training Programs
- Employee Safety Handbook Development
- Fleet Maintenance/Safety Programs
- Loss Prevention Bulletins
- On-Site Risk Engineering Visits
- Identify property and premises hazards
- Professional Insight into Towing Industry
Claim services will be provided by Zurich, an expert in this industry for over 35 years. They offer loss prevention services and tools tailored for large and small businesses, experienced and professional adjusters who can respond to most claims within 48 hours, and on-the-spot check-writing authority to help get you back in business fast.
Operations engaged primarily in towing automobiles.
- Operations running a loss ratio of 40% or less over a five-year period
- Experienced drivers 25-years-of-age or older with clear driving records
- Trained drivers (Wreckmaster certification or state association training preferred)
- Towing radius of less than 300 miles
- Total liability limits of $2 million or less (higher limits may be available)
How to quote
Remember to submit accounts 30 days prior to the proposal date.
- GATHER & COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- ACORD 125
- ACORD forms for specific coverage lines
- Tow supplemental survey √ Complete employee and driver list / employee census
- Five years of loss runs valued within 90 days of effective date
- A list of required filings
- Additional supplemental surveys may be requested if additional exposures are present
- Email business applications to AftermarketProgram@ArrowheadGrp.com with the subject line New Business. Use this email address for all new business correspondence.
- NEW BUSINESS BINDING: Once your applications has been received, our team will be in touch. Next steps will include you submitting:
- Signed ACORD applications
- Signed state required forms
- Copy of the check made payable to Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. Deposit checks must be received within 10 days of the effective date.