If you’re an insurance agency owner or manager, here’s a scary thought: It may be that only a third of your employees feel engaged at work. How can you motivate your insurance agency staff to increase their productivity and longevity – and their personal happiness?
First, understand that an increase in pay or recognition may not be the answer as the primary way to motivate your insurance agency staff. Studies show that how a boss treats his or her employees is more important than either. In fact, a recent Gallup poll shows that 75 percent of workers who voluntarily left their jobs did so because of their bosses – and not due to the position itself.
See the infographic below from Happify to review the basics on contributing to the personal job satisfaction of your employees, but here are some of the points in a nutshell:
- Say thank you. Appreciate your employees verbally – and with treats like a staff pizza lunch.
- Allow employees to expand their skills and knowledge on the job
- Foster greater communication. Knowing they have a positive impact on others goes a long way for employees’ job satisfaction. A strong sense of community and purpose is also crucial.
- Rewarding the team efforts results in a greater increase in performance than rewarding individuals
- Nearly winning can provide more motivation than actually winning. That means it’s ok to fail sometimes.
Happify Health provides effective, evidence-based solutions for better mental health and well-being in the 21st century.