In California, our Residential Earthquake Program through carrier Zurich offers two levels of policy coverage: Superior and Standard. View the downloadable flyer for details. Your clients will love deductible options at 10 or 15 percent and easy pay options; you’ll enjoy ease of quoting via our online portal and 10 percent commission on new and renewal policies.
Zurich American Insurance Company is an admitted, “A+” (XV) rated carrier by A.M. Best.
- Dwellings: $75,000 min to $5 million max dwelling replacement limit (except LA County – max is $3 million)
- Condominiums: $25,000 min to $500,000 max contents limit
An optional “Plus” Endorsement can be added to the Superior EQ Policy, increasing maximum coverage for:
- Loss of use cap from $25,000 to $100,000 max
- Sub-limit for swimming pool from $3,000 to $25,000
- Dwellings any age acceptable provided homes built prior to 1955 have proof of retrofitting; condos must be built in or after 1960
- Dwellings built prior to 1972 must be properly anchor bolted to the foundation and cripple walls must be braced with plywood or its equivalent
- Residence types must be individually owned 1-4 family dwellings except for the condominium program
- Dwelling must be made of frame construction
- Coverage amount must be equal to the underlying dwelling limit
- All pre-existing earthquake structural damage must be repaired prior to writing coverage
- Newer structures or those that have been retrofitted and built on flat or gently sloping lots with slab or raised concrete foundations